Okedoki custom Mickey Mouse for Mickey Brand Halo @ Times Square, Hong Kong (June 29)

OKEDOKI-MICKEY

Underneath this seemingly macabre visage hides the spirit of a rouge, perhaps even charming a "character", but undoubtably an exceptional custom-Mickey Mouse vinyl figure by Okedoki - as completed for the Mickey Brand Halo show launching next week on June 29th @ Times Square, Hong Kong (exhibits thru - August 2nd / organized by 3-MIX & Disney Asia). CLICK THRU for more images, as well as a lil Q&A with the artist, Okedoki!


TOYSREVIL: Why is he named Mr Ripley? And what does Mr Ripley do exactly?

OKEDOKI: Mr. Ripley will 'rip' you off. He will sell his mother's kidney to make a buck if he could! Mr. Ripley is the anti-Robin Hood. He steals from the poor and gives to the rich (namely himself). He calls himself a 'Banker', but no one has ever seen him work in a bank.

TOYSREVIL: What was the concept you had wanted for this custom? How did you arrive at this concept?

OKEDOKI: I wanted to show the contrast between 'pure' and 'corruption'. Mickey mouse is very innocent, so I bared his soul/muscles, and had him juxtaposed next to a figure who is greedy and selfish.

TOYSREVIL: Splendid results, I insist! I love the way it looks in the photo tho - looks like it's 4 feet tall! how long did it take to execute this custom?

OKEDOKI: (thanks Andy!) - It took me 2 weeks of evening and weekend painting. The process was pretty simple: prime the figure, pencil the design in, and then the fun part, painting! I usually start with the most detailed part and work to the least. In this case, I did the muscle side first, and then worked lastly on the Mr. Ripley side.

TOYSREVIL: Did you like how Mr Ripley turned out?

OKEDOKI: I thought he turned out alright. I guess the ultimate judges are the collectors, and so far, its been good. :)

TOYSREVIL: I'd say he made out phenomenally :) - Cheers for your time, Tam - in closing, please do share with TRE-readers: WHO IS OKEDOKI?

OKEDOKI: Some people know me as Okedoki, but my real name is Tam. I have 2 shih tzus dogs - Magi and Molly. I'm an acupuncturist by day and artist by night. You can check out my website at www.okedoki.com for more of my work.

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK